- Advantages of Medical Tourism
- Step 1. Define Your Need
- Risks Of Medical Tourism
- Step 2. Research The Alternatives
- Step 3. Check References When You Narrow Your Search To One Or More Potential Health Care Providers
- Step 4. Before You Make A Final Decision, Interview The Doctor
- Step 5.Once You Know All The Facts, Contact Your Local Doctor And/Or Hospital.
- Step 6. Budget Your Treatment And Trip. Compare To Costs At Home.
- Step 7. Get The Agreement In Writing
- Step 8. Consider Travel Insurance
- Step 9. Before You Travel, Learn How To Travel Safely With A Health Condition
- Before You Come Home, Get A Copy Of Your Complete Medical Record.
- Companies That Connect Patients To Medical Services
Medical Tourism (Travel For Medical Care)
Advantages of Medical TourismNext » « Previous
- A possible chance to tour a foreign venue.
- Some providers offer more personalized care (such as a higher physician-to-patient ratio) than is commonly available in the United States or Canada.
- Some treatments are available outside the U.S. that are not yet approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
- All expenses for the medical trip are medical expenses for tax purposes including transportation expenses, (air, train, boat or car), lodging and in-treatment meals, recovery hotels, surgical retreats and recuperation resorts, and, of course, the cost of treatment. For more about medical expenses and taxes, click here.
Get Your Personal Guide