How To Replace Earnings While On Disability
Alternatives for obtaining money while on disability include the following. Each topic is discussed in another section of this document:
- Apply For All Benefits For Which You May Qualify
- Consider Working From Home Part Time
- Consider New Uses Of Your Assets
- Find Out If You Qualify For Assistance
- Borrow from family and friends (and possibly your employer).
- Consider crowd funding
Contact your local disease specific nonprofit organization to see what programs may be available in your neighborhood. In addition to food banks, there may be thrift shops where you can obtain clothing either free or at greatly reduced prices. There may also be community gardens where you can grow your own vegetables for little or no cost.