Financial Snapshot: Gathering The Information You Need To Create
In order to maximize your finances to help pay ongoing medical expenses while retaining your lifestyle, you need to know where you are financially today.
To do that, you will need to pull together the following information. Each of the subjects are discussed in the other sections of this article.
- Employment benefits
- Information about your other insurance coverage
- Information about government benefits to which you may be entitled. We focus on Social Security benefits.
- Information about the financial aspects of your health condition.
- Your credit status.
- Information at MIB (formerly the Medical Insurance Bureau).
- Your current financial information.
If you haven't done it recently, this is a good time to search for missing money. To learn how, click here.
Once you have the information together, it will be simple to plug in the information to the various financial tools included on our site, which are described in Financial Planning.
NOTE: Requesting this information is standard financial planning. Requesting the necessary information provides no clue about your health condition. You do not have to give a reason why you want t.he information.