Nursing Home 101
Planning ahead is one of the best ways to ease the stress that accompanies choosing a nursing home. It is also the best method of finding a home that fits your needs.
For information, see:
- How To Locate A Nursing Home
- How To Choose A Nursing Home
- How To Maximize A Stay In A Nursing Home
- Paying For A Nursing Home
- Comparison Between An Assisted Living Home And A Nursing Home
- To get an idea of the current cost of different types of care in the state in which you live, go to www.Genworth.com/mycostofcare
- If you are interested in a more home-like atmosphere, the Green House Project seeks to create a more home-like atmosphere in long-term-care facilities. In addition to a more home-like feeling, the movement calls for more patient centric care. To learn more about Green Houses, see: www.ncbcapitalimpact.org . Then click on "Site Map", then click on "Community-Based Long-Term Care".
- For help choosing and maximizing time in a nursing home, consider speaking with a geriatric care manager.
To Learn More
More InformationComparison Between An Assisted Living Home And A Nursing Home
Get Your Personal Guide