What To Do In The Waiting Room
Rather than just "waiting" in a doctor's waiting room, consider the following tips:
- Think about the symptoms you had since your last visit.
- Write down when they began, how long they occurred, how often they occurred what makes them worse, what makes them better.
- If you used our tool to help keep track of symptoms, review the print out. (For information on the symptoms tracking tool, Click here.)
- Make a list of your questions and concerns.
- List all medications you are currently taking. Add to the list drugs you stopped taking since your last visit with this doctor.
- If you took any tests since your last visit with this doctor, ask the staff to check on whether your test results are in your file. If not, staff can call and have the results faxed or e mailed before your meeting.
- Check that the office has your correct insurance information.
To Learn More
More InformationList of Medications
Get Your Personal Guide