- How To Have Access To Western Style Medical Care While Outside The U.S.
- Health Insurance
- Update Your Passport And Consider Getting TSA Preclearance
- Pack For Your New Normal
- If You Are Traveling With Service Animals Such as Guide or Signal Dogs
- How To Prepare To Travel Outside The U.S. If You Are HIV Positive
Travel Outside The United States: Preparations To Make
Preparations for travel outside the country include the following subjects (click on the link to learn about each subject)::
- Health insurance.
- Arrange access to western style medicine.
- Update your passport.
- How Tto pack for your new normal.
- Make arrangements if you are traveling with a guide or service dog.
- Vaccinations if you are HIV positive.
- To avoid lengthy delays at customs on your return to the United States: Preapproved travelers can pass through U.S. Customs by swiping their passports at a kiosk, posing for a photo, scanning their fingerprints and answering some basic questions on a touch screen. To learn more about the Global Entry Program, including application, cost and participating airports, see: http://www.cbp.gov/global-entry/about.
- Sign up with the U.S. government in case there is an emergency abroad while you are there so you'll learn about it without delay. You can signup at https://step.state.gov/step/
- There are several apps to help adjust faster to jet lag. They analyze your trip's time zones and offer ways to alter your sleep cycle. See: Entrain, JetLag rooster and JetLag Genie.
Get Your Personal Guide