Travel Outside the U.S.: At Your Destination
In order to minimize problems while outside the U.S., consider the following subjects, each of which are covered in other sections of this article:
- If You Need To Buy Medicine While Outside The United States
- Water Precautions To Take In Less Than Fully Developed Countries
- Food Tips For Non-Developed Countries
- How To Avoid Insect Bites
- What To Do If You Become Ill Or Experience An Emergency While Away.
- In addition to your own I.D., always carry something (such as a matchbook) with the name and address of your hotel. It is handy to show taxi drivers or people you ask for directions. It will also come in handy if you have an emergency.
- If you need foreign currency, it is usually much cheaper to obtain it at an ATM than a foreign currency exchange.
To Learn More
More InformationTravel 101
Get Your Personal Guide