- The Addiction Myth
- Pain Is Subjective.
- Tolerance To A Drug Over Time And The Need For Higher Doses
- Physical Dependence
- Side Effects
- The Myth That Chronic Pain Is Harmless
- The Need To Keep A Stiff Upper Lip
- Many Doctors Are Not As Knowledgeable About Pain Management As They Could Be
- Government Crackdown On Prescription - Drug Abuse
Road Blocks To Adequate Pain Management
The following roadblocks may prevent patients from receiving the proper pain management. If you understand the blocks that prevent people from obtaining adequate pain treatment, you can avoid them. Click on each subject of interest to you for information.
- The addiction myth
- Not describing your pain as clearly and specifically.
- Tolerance to a drug over time and the need for higher doses
- Physical dependence
- Side effects
- The myth that pain is harmless
- The need to keep a stiff upper lip
- Many doctors are not as knowledgeable about pain management as they could be
- Government crackdown on prescription drug abuse