- Health Insurance
- Social Security Disability Income (SSDI)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Drug Assistance Programs
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- What Happens To Public Benefits Such As Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI), Supplemental Security Income (SSI), Medicare Or Medicaid If I Have To Stop Working Again?
- What Happens To Benefits From My Employer If I Have To Stop Working Again?
Return To Work As A Self-Employed Person -- Impact On Benefits
If you're considering returning to work after a period of disability, and intend to now be self-employed, it's important to understand what happens to your benefits.
Look at what happens to the benefits you have now such as the following. For information about each, see the other sections of this article.
- Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI).
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI).
- Health Insurance (Private).
- Drug Assistance Program
- Life Insurance.
- Long Term Disability Insurance.
Also consider what other benefits you may be able to obtain as a self employed person.
Also look at what happens to your benefits if you find you're not able to continue to work because of your health condition.
- With respect to public programs such as Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI)
- Benefits from your employer
If you are thinking of returning to work for a new employer, see Return to Work For A New Employer -- Impact on Benefits. If you're thinking of returning to a former employer see:, Return To Work For A Previous Employer -- Impact On Benefits
Before you start the process of returning to work, be sure to read Returning To Work.