- You Quit Your Job Or Were Fired
- You Lost Your Job And Are Unemployed Because Of Trade Policy
- You Are Unemployed
- You Can't Afford The Premiums
- You Are An Early Retiree Who Lost Your Health Coverage And Your Pension Benefit Is Paid By The Federal Pension Benefits Guaranty Corporation
- A Covered Employee Under An Employer-Sponsored Health Plan Dies, Legally Separates, Or Divorces
- A Child Is No Longer Dependent
Reasons People Don't Have Health Insurance Coverage
The reason you don't have health insurance may hold the key to obtaining it. For instance, the other sections of this document cover the following common reasons for not having health insurance and what it can mean for obtaining coverage. If a reason applies to you, click on it.
- You quit your job or were fired.
- You lost your job because of imported products or because jobs moved out of the country.
- You are unemployed.
- You cannot afford the premiums
- You are an early retiree who lost your health coverage and your pension benefit is paid by the federal Pension Benefits Guaranty Corporation.
- You received your insurance through a covered employee under an employer-sponsored health plan who died, or from whom you are legally separated or divorced.
- You are a child who is no longer dependent.
NOTE: For more information about alternative means for obtaining health insurance, click here.