Medicare Advantage: Eligibility
If you meet the eligibility criteria, a Medicare Advantage Plan cannot refuse to cover you, regardless of your health or medical history.
To be eligible to join a Medicare Advantage Plan you must:
- Be eligible for Medicare (See Medicare Eligibility And Enrollment)
- Enroll in both Part A Medicare (Hospital) and Part B Medicare (Medical).
- Not have End-Stage Renal Disease (ESRD), defined as permanent kidney failure that requires dialysis or a transplant.
- Not be confined in a medical facility such as a hospital or convalescent facility at the time of enrollment.
- Live in the service area of the health plan you are joining.
Get Your Personal Guide