What To Do If You Have Been Wronged By A Doctor
If you have been wronged by a doctor, you can forgive, even if you don't forget. If you don't want to forgive, and you want to do something, you can do any or all of the following:
- Complain to the state licensing bureau.
- Complain to a medical society.
- Complain to a hospital.
- Complain to the doctor's partners.
- Complain to insurance companies.
- Complain to the police.
Seek monetary damages through a malpractice claim.
Which avenue to take depends on your goals. For instance:
- Consider forgiveness if you have a strong attachment to the doctor that you want to keep, want to get on with your life, or feel too sick to pursue an action.
- If you want to stop the doctor from continuing a certain behavior, complain to the state licensing bureau and/or a medical society to which the doctor belongs.
- If you want to get the doctor into rehab for drug use, complain to the state licensing bureau and/or the doctor's partners or employer.
- If you have become incapacitated by an awful error, you will likely want to seek monetary damages.