How To Minimize Cost Of Travel
The following sites are a few of the websites that can help reduce travel costs:
- Purchasing a ticket:
- Find out the best time to buy plane tickets: www.Bing.com . Click "more". Then click "Travel"
- Consider buying a package instead of just a ticket. Packages are frequently major money savers. For example, check Hotwire or LastMinute.
- Find out if there is a price drop in a ticket you already purchased and whether the amount is large enough to qualify you for a refund. For example, www.Yapta.com
- If you reserve through a money-back hotel room site, you will automatically be rebooked to the lower rate if the price drops. For example,: www.Tingo.com
- If you are using frequent flier mileage, and are a few thousand miles short of a free seat, contact your airline-branded credit card to find out if you can buy points to fill in the gap or trade miles with a friend.
- If you bid for travel on a site such as Priceline , you will not know the airline or hotel until your offer is accepted. Before offering a price for a hotel, you can find tips about bidding strategies at BetterBidding.com
- If you travel out of the country, avoid using a credit card that imposes foreign transactions fees.
Get Your Personal Guide