How To Obtain Paid And Unpaid Time Off From Work For Health Reasons
As an employee, you are likely entitled to both paid and unpaid time off from work due to health reasons.
Paid time off includes the following. Information about each is contained in the other sections of this article.
- Sick leave
- Vacation and personal days
- Ask co-workers to donate time
- Negotiate time off including time as an accommodation under the Americans With Disabilities Act
- Short Term Disability programs
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Workers Compensation
- Government programs such as Unemployment Insurance, Social Security Disability Insurance and Supplemental Security Income.
Unpaid time off includes:
To Learn More
More InformationTime Off Because Of Health (Paid And Unpaid)