- Find Out If There Is Help To Pay For The Insured's Portion Of Costs
- How To Make Coverage Last Longer Before Reaching The Doughnut Hole
- When And How To Ask For An Exception (Appeal)
- Adjust The Doughnut Hole To Fit Your Needs
- How To Save Money While In The Doughnut Hole
- How To Avoid Unnecessary Problems When Picking Up Drugs From A Pharmacy
How To Maximize Use Of Medicare Part D
The following steps help to maximize use of Medicare Part D. They are described in the other sections of this article.
« Previous Next »
- Find out if there is help to pay for the insured's portion of costs.
- Make coverage last longer before reaching the doughnut hole by paying as little as you can for your prescription drugs.
- Learn when and how to ask for an Exception. You can ask for an Exception if:
- A drug you need is not on a Formulary.
- The Plan raises the amount you pay for a drug.
- A drug you need is subject to a high copay (payment on your part each time you buy a drug).
- Your Plan replaces a brand name drug you are taking with a generic version and only the brand name will work for you.
- If you asked for an exception this year, find out what you need to do to continue the situation next year.
- Adjust the doughnut hole to fit your needs.
- Learn tips for saving money while in the doughnut hole
- Avoid unnecessary problems when picking up drugs from a pharmacy.
To Learn More
Get Your Personal Guide