- Step 1. Calculate Your Real Earnings
- Step 2. Look At Increasing Your Paycheck Increasing Your Income Or Decreasing Your Expenses
- Step 3: If You Have A Cafeteria Plan, Consider Changing Your Elections
- Step 4. If You Have Retirement Savings, Consider Reducing The Amount You Put Into The Plan
- Step 5. Think About Changing Your Tax Withholding
- Step 6. Ask For A Raise
- Step 7. If You're Up To It, Consider Obtaining A Second Job
- Step 8. Consider Changing Jobs, Self-Employment Or Freelancing
How To Increase Your Income If You Are Working
If you're working, think about how you could get more money out of the time you spend at work. More money will make periods of unemployment or disability easier to bear.
Step 1. Calculate your real earnings.
Step 2. Look at increasing your paycheck increasing your income or decreasing your expenses.
Step 3: If you have a cafeteria plan, consider changing your elections.
Step 4. If you have retirement savings, consider reducing the amount you put into the plan.
Step 5. Think about changing your tax withholding.
Step 6. Ask for a raise.
Step 7. If you're up to it, consider obtaining a second job.
Step 8. Consider changing jobs, self-employment or freelancing