- Step 1. Find out why your claim has been denied
- Step 2. Review the appeal process
- Step 3. Focus on deadlines and procedures.
- Step 4. To prove your case, focus on obtaining new information to back up your position.
- Step 5. Consult A Professional. (Free advice is available)
- Step 6. Obtain support for your position.
- Step 7. Look for sources of influence that will help convince the insurer to your point of view.
- Step 8. Write a cover letter.
- Step 9. Once you've exhausted the insurance company's internal appeal process, consider an external appeal.
- If You Don't Win Your Appeal, Consider Going To Court And/Or Filing A Complaint
Get Your Personal Guide