How Can A Nutritionist Or Dietitian Help Me?
Eating the right foods in the right amounts can:
- Boost your immune system.
- Help you manage your condition and/or treatment better.
- Help you stay healthier longer.
- Perhaps even help ward off a recurrence of your illness.
A nutritionist or dietitian can:
- Determine what foods are good for you.
- Determine what foods you should avoid because of your condition, the treatment you are undergoing, or the medications you are taking.
- Suggest menu ideas to make meals more appetizing.
- Review food portions with you.
- Help with tips for eating when your illness or medications make food less than appealing.
Some nutritionists or dietitians can show you how to prepare certain foods. They may even go shopping with you to help you learn how to make the right choices.
Get Your Personal Guide