You can feel a sense of hope, despite your health condition.
What you hope for likely changes with time. If you have been told that a cure may not be possible, you can hope for other things. These may include comfort, peace, acceptance, even joy.
Hoping may give you a sense of purpose. This, in itself, may help you feel better.
Tips to help build a sense of hope including the following:
- Each day:
- Set achievable goals to look forward to
- Find small things in life to look forward to
- Plan something to get your mind off your situation.
- Do not stop doing the things you like to do.
- Plan your days as you have always done.
- Start a new daily routine.
- Set dates and events to look forward to.
- Don't impose limits on yourself - or let others impose limits on you.
- Look for reasons to hope, while staying aware of what is at hand.
- Buy green bananas.
To Learn More
More InformationTips To Help Feel In Control Of Your Emotions