A feeling of numbness can result from blocking out feelings, from anxiety or from depression.
People who feel numb tend to submit to a problem instead of working on it. This can be dangerous in your situation.
Experience indicates that the following can help:
- Admit to yourself that you feel numb. Decide to seek help.
- Talk with family and friends. Feelings will surface.
- Tell your specialist. The feeling may result from your health condition or treatment.
- Speak with a mental health professional.
- If your doctor allows it, rigorous exercise may help.
- Relaxation techniques may also help.