A Company Clinic is a health center in the work place.
As a general matter, Company Clinics have the following characteristics:
- Appointments are generally requested. Walk-in needs are accommodated.
- There may be some medical equipment, but generally not as much as in a doctor's office.
- Focus is on prevention and well being, including immunizations. Company Clinics can provide ongoing treatment such as shots or i.v. drips.
- Usually free or low cost. Prescriptions may even be discounted.
- Generally located on the site of the business.
- Staffed by nurse practitioners and physician's assistants. Some companies have a doctor on staff.
- Often can be used by people who do not qualify for other company health benefits.
Get Your Personal Guide