Colorectal Cancer: Financial Assistance
Following is a list of current sources of financial assistance for people with colorectal cancer. In addition to this list, look at the list of financial assistance resources for cancer in general. (See the document in "To Learn More.") If you find additional resources, please share them by e mailing: Survivorship A to Z
- Cancer Care (New York, NY)
- Financial assistance for people with cancer
- www.CancerCare.org Tel.: 800.8134673
- Colon Cancer Alliance (Washington D.C.)
- Financial assistance for people with colorectal cancer
- www.ccalliance.org Tel.: 877.422.4030
- Cancer Financial Assistance Coalition
- A coalition of organizations
- Search by diagnosis and by need
- Colorectal CareLine
- Offered through Patient Advocate Foundation
- Financial aid is through the Financial Aid Fund
- www.colorectalcareline.org, Tel. 866.657.8634
- Foundation for Children with Cancer (St. Lous, MO)
- Financial assistance to parents with children who have cancer
- www.childrenwithcancer.org Tel.: 314.843.9300
- This free online tool allows users to create a personal fundraising page for any person, cause, or non-profit and easily collect donations from all over the world. The service has been highly successful, helping people raise thousands of dollars to pay for their loved ones' medical expenses.
- Healthwell Foundation (Gaithersberg, MD)
- Addresses the needs of individuals who cannot afford their insurance copayments, premiums, coinsurance, or other out-of-pocket health care costs.
- www.healthwellfoundation.org Tel.: 800.675.8416
- Jennifer Ireland Foundation
- Offers financial assistance for colon cancer patients with children.
- National Lymphedema Network
- The NLN Marilyn Westbrook Garment Fund provides funds for lymphedema appliances, compression sleeves/stockings, and alternative garme
- Contact: www.lymphnet.org Tel.: 800.541.3259 or 415.908.3681 (San Francisco, CA)
- Patient Access Network Foundation (Charlotte, NC)
- A non-profit organization dedicated to assisting insured patients who cannot afford the out-of-pocket costs associated with their treatment needs.
- www.panfoundation.org Tel.: 866.315.7263
- Sisters Network, Inc.
- For african-american women
- Program provides financial assistance for mammograms, copays, office visits, prescriptions, and medical-related lodging and transportation.
- Contact: www.sistersnetworkinc.org Tel.: 866.781.1808 or 713.781.0255 (Houston, Tx)
- Support Life
- An organization dedicated to helping people whose health is disrupted by cancer and find it difficult to pay for their medical care either because their treatment is not covered by their insurance, they are not able to afford the co-payments, or they lack health insurance.
- www.support-life.us Tel.: 815.280.5749
In addition to this list, check:
- Groups that provide assistance to people with any type of cancer.
- Groups that provide assistance for any life challenging condtiion, including cancer, click here.
If you need help paying for drugs, click here.
Also keep in mind:
- The possibility of borrowing money from family or friends. To learn how without losing a friend, click here
- Internet websites that can help you pay for expenses. The sites are referred to as "crowdfunding websites." (Compare each site's fees and how quickly funds transfer). For instance:
- How To Cope With A Financial Crunch Or Crisis