Breast Cancer Support Groups
To locate a support group for women with breast cancer, see the following resources (in alphabetical order.) Keep in mind that you can participate in a support group in person, on the telephone or online:
- American Cancer Society . Call 800.ACS 2345
- Association of Oncology Social Workers. Call 215.599.6093
- Breast Cancer.org/community
- Breast Cancer Network Of Strength (formerly "Y-ME") - contact a local affiliate at: www.networkofstrength.org/locations/
- Cancer Care . Call: 800.813.HOPE
- Cancer Support Community (formerly Gilda's Club Worldwide and The Wellness Community). Local and online support groups.
- Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation Hotline. Call 877.465.6636
- Your local cancer center may provide support groups.
For information about support groups, including what to do if a group doesn't work out for you, click here.